with Christmas around the corner, I felt that I should think about the things I would like for Christmas. As with any Christmas list, some of it is achievable and some are pure fantasy. I will let you decide which is which.
1. I would like to finish my NPQH write up over the holiday and have it passed. I would like my own school at some pointing the future and though I don’t need NPQH for that, psychologically it helps though.
2. I would like both of my parents to be healthy. Without any details, they have both spent time in hospital this year. As an aside I can’t praise the NHS enough for the care they received. I hope that those in charge of funding realise how important this service is.
3. Similarly on the funding wish. I really hope that we can start to consider the damage being done to education by cuts, especially in the funding for SEND and behaviour partnerships.
4. My football team are currently going well in League 2 and I hope this can lead to a promotion a the end of the year. Up the cobblers.
5. I wish that people would put petty rivalries behind them on EduTwitter and understand that professional disagreement is not the same as taking petty swipes at each other.
6. Though I did not vote for Brexit, I accept it as an inevitability and hope that we can put this divisive issue behind us and begin to heal the country. I hope that we can all learn to be welcoming, more tolerant and kind.
7. To see all of the #primaryrocks gang and community in Match for another fun day of learning and drinks. IT is a day that never fails to inspire me and makes me smile. The chance to be around such positivity is always a treat.
8. I really hope that we can start realising our responsibility as humans. Both in the environmental issues and to the people in our communities who are struggling. When I think of the money that has been wasted on Brexit and political campaigning on all sides that could have been far better spent elsewhere it upsets me. How many people who are homeless or in need of support could that have helped?
9. I want to be happy. This is a funny one as I have so much to be thankful for. I think I perhaps just need to give less of a F**K. I tend to think deeply about things. Worry about everything all of the time. I need to be less “what if” and more “that happened”.
10. I want to get back to writing more often. I lost my voice (metaphorically) this year. When I started writing it was for me and that is why I am writing this now. IF anyone else reads it then bonus, but this is my therapy.
Merry Christmas everyone.